Friday, April 22, 2011

365 Days, Day 316

All good fortune is a gift of the gods, and . . . you don't win the favour of the ancient gods by being good, but by being bold (Anita Brookner)

Happiness is not a matter of good fortune or worldly possessions. It's a mental attitude. It comes from appreciating what we have, instead of being miserable about what we don't have. It's so simple - yet so hard for the human mind to comprehend (Unknown author)

I believe I am very fortunate. Around me my little family are all finding new and exciting jobs. I am still applying regularly for new and exciting jobs; I know something good will come my way soon. Things are falling into place: our house is being sold, even thought the process seems long and there seem to be setbacks along the path.

Trust your intuition. The universe is guiding your life.

This is what my fortune cookie today said. I rather like it. Although this brings up the age old debate about how much free choice we have in our lives. I like to think I have a choice in the way my life unfolds. I would rather interpret this as the Universe having a guiding eye over my proceedings and choices, and when I make an inappropriate choice, I might get a gentle reminding nudge in the right direction.

This calls for some quiet meditation time so I can hear the gentle whispering nudges. I think I need some right now. No, not because I have made an inappropriate choice; but rather because I am not quite sure where I am headed just at the moment. I am not being bold enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment