Wednesday, April 13, 2011

365 Days, Day 308

Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends (Richard Bach)

Why can’t we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn’t work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos. (Charles M. Schulz)

I am not good with good-byes. I have to be brave and not cry. I leave a little bit of my heart behind each time.

I have enjoyed my stay in South Africa. It has been a most fulfilling time. I take my leave of Mom and Dad knowing that they are doing alright. I hope that my stay here made a tiny glimmer of difference to their lives and brought some sunshine. I leave behind my love and my calm-th – draw on it when you need it.

So I will say adieu until we meet again. Much love.

A sunbeam to warm you,

A moonbeam to charm you,

A sheltering angel so nothing can harm you

(Irish Blessing)

No comments:

Post a Comment