Saturday, April 23, 2011

365 Days, Day 317

The real beauty of realizing your true nature is in the freshness,

peace and deep bodily relaxation which touches to the core of

your being, flows into your everyday life and bursts forth naturally

into blossoming from within itself. Without you 'doing' a thing

about any of it.

This is a beautiful and simple change of lifestyle.

A lifestyle of letting go and living openhandedly,

curled up in the sunlit warmth on the lap of

the Divine (your heart)

(Julie Sarah Powell)

If I had my life to live over I'd like to make more mistakes next time. I'd relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and fewer beans. I would perhaps have more actual trouble, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones. You see, I'm one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day (Jean de La Bruyere)

In art theory, vertical lines represent strength and power. Horizontal lines represent peace and harmony.

I have had my moments. Moments of fun and silliness. Moments of seriousness and stress. Probably more moments of seriousness and being ‘grown-up’. Vertical moments.

I think I am on the downhill road now and would like to have more horizontal moments. More relaxing moments. More childlike moments.

While I am writing this I have a CD playing in the background called 10 Minute Chakra, it is like a bath of sound caressing my ears. I think back to the meditation that we did each morning at the Retreat centre, and I think as I often do, that this is how I need to start each day at home. I will put it to the test to see if starting the day off with intention and quiet and peace has an effect on the rest of the day.

Happy Easter.

I reminisce back to when I and another lady (whose name I cannot remember) created, in banners, the seven Stations of the Cross for our church. It was quite a controversial thing to do in the Methodist Church, as the seven Stations of the Cross is traditionally a very Catholic tradition. But Gavin, our minister, was a little alternative and not averse to ruffling some feathers. I became quite emotionally involved in the making of my four banners. I looked at the event from the point of view of Mary, the mother of Christ. How must she have felt at the persecution and death of her beloved son? The anguish she must have experienced. An emotionally charged story with great depth of meaning. A Serious moment in my life – creating these banners.

Easter Egg Hunt - silly moments. Like when Charlie our dog, ate ALL the hidden Easter eggs before we even got to start the hunt! He was rather clogged up with tinfoil for a few days and had to be taken to the vet to alleviate the problem! Since then the hunts were more-dog-friendly (or Unfriendly if one happens to be the dog). I have the Easter Eggs ready, but not the Hunt. Time for someone else to take over?

No comments:

Post a Comment