Thursday, September 16, 2010

365 Days, Day 101

Nothing in the world is more flexible and yielding than water. Yet when it attacks the firm and the strong, none can withstand it, because they have no way to change it. So the flexible overcome the adamant, the yielding overcome the forceful. Everyone knows this, but no one can do it (Lao Tzu)


The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea (Isak Dinesen)


For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),

It's always our self we find in the sea.

(e.e. cummings)


All of our family are water signs: Tom is Scorpio, I am Pisces, Kyle and Roarke and Ariel are Cancerian. The three water signs are supposedly compatible. I like to think this is why our home has a peaceful energy enveloping it.

My favourite part of the day is my bath-time. Since the twins were babies bath-time has always been my off-duty relax time. In our Roodekrans home we have a beautiful blue bath. As it is part of the en-suite bedroom, sadly I am no longer using it whilst visiting here. But last Thursday when I was traumatised, Sarah ran me a special bath, with candles and music. What a wonderful gesture: thank you Sarah.

Water can be soothing and gentle and restorative. It can also be very destructive. We need to have great respect for life-giving water. We need to be resilient and yielding when it comes to water. If we stand firm and stiff in a current, we will be snapped in twain. But if we bow and move with the current we are more likely to survive.

I am working on my resilience.

1 comment:

  1. I too am a water sign and a total water baby - nothing eases the soul more than to stand at the waters edge in a winter day with the wind blowing your face and the roar of the waves on the beach - its spiritual, the shear power is incredible of the white horses on the shore.

    ReplyDelete