Thursday, September 23, 2010

365 Days, Day 108

Heroes take journeys, confront dragons, and discover the treasure of their true selves (Carol Lynn Pearson)

I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures (Lao Tzu)

Treasure your relationships, not your possessions (Anthony J. D'Angelo)

I thought the packing was almost done when I came across this art work from years ago, outside the studio. The art work was family-tree inspired: it was a journey, back into my family. Each little bottle represented a part of this journey. It was presented as though my granddaughter (Aerin!!?) was finding the little bottles and the clues to what the art work was about. So it was a good surprise finding it myself, years down the line. I would like to take this art work with me. The research journal to go with this work is already in England.

I think it quite fitting that this family-tree art work should go back to the country of its roots. Not quite sure what I will do with it once I am there…

Symbolically, with this art work, each member of the family is being transported with me. You are all my treasures. I treasure each relationship I have with you, each unique its own way. I transport each of you: with love.

1 comment: