Wednesday, September 22, 2010

365 Days, Day 107


The time to relax is when you don't have time for it (Attributed to both Jim Goodwin and Sydney J. Harris)

Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold. But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which colour to slide down on the rainbow (Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You)

Some of the secret joys of living are not found by rushing from point A to point B, but by inventing some imaginary letters along the way (Douglas Pagels, These Are the Gifts I'd Like to Give to You)

Today in the midst of my stressful busy-ness, I had a wonderful, glorious day out. A retreat day. Nicki, Chris and I went out to Margaret Roberts’ Herb Farm in Magaliesberg. We walked the labyrinth, which was the highlight of the morning for me. I left it feeling full of calm and with a sense of one-ness with myself and with Nature. If I had to use one word to describe how I felt after leaving the labyrinth it would be “anticipation”.

The gardens are bountiful, beautiful and scented. One could imagine opening one’s patio door and walking out it such beautiful gardens with a sense of love and delight each day. In my labyrinth walk I acknowledged that I need to do what ever I do with a sense of love. I was reminded of the tuning-in that we did at Findhorn, before embarking on a task.

There is a fairy room at Margaret Roberts’ farm. All the fairies have been created by her and her daughter. They are the most exquisite little creatures; very feminine and beautiful. Very inspiring. I want to surround myself with beauty and whimsy.

At the garden centre at the farm there are herbs for sale. I really wanted some pennywort to take back with me. The lady at the garden centre suggested I wrap a cutting in damp cottonwool and transport it in my bra on the plane! Not sure I want to add discomfort to the already uncomfortable plane journey…I might put some in my suitcase. Also some rose geranium cuttings. I had some rose geranium tea to drink today and it is very good.

I didn't think I had time for a day-off. But I feel better for having this unexpected day-out and quiet-time. Thank you, Nicki for organising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment