Thursday, September 2, 2010

365 Days, Day 87


Life isn't like a book. Life isn't logical or sensible or orderly. Life is a mess most of the time. And theology must be lived in the midst of that mess (Charles Caleb Colton)


This mess is too big and too deep and too tall. We can't clean it up! We can't clean it up at all! (Dr. Seuss The Cat in the Hat)


So here we are knee deep in 'stuff'. I have no idea where to put anything. Some of the stuff needs to be packed and taken with us; some needs to be disposed of; some needs to be passed on to new owners. At the moment it is all in a huge pile on the sewing room floor. I keep having to wash my dirty dusty hands. I sneeze: I am full of sinus and the dust is making it worse.


Ariél is helping me, but keeps being distracted by items from her childhood. She found a card which read:

DEAR ESTUBUNE

WLUBRSUM ESTUES

FOR MEANDMIBRTHS

We both looked at the words and tried very hard to make sense of them. I opened the card and looked at the outside. And then I could read exactly what it said. Hysterical laughter followed. See if you can decipher it…


I have had to throw away loads of dusty childhood schoolbooks, toys and clothes. I cannot afford to be too sentimental. I am keeping Kyle and Roarke’s teeny first pair of size 3 Nikes, and Ariél’s pretty pink trainers; as well as the [rather macabre?] ponytails of each of the children… I will use these in an art artwork perhaps.


I had better go and make a path through the mess for Kyle to be able to get to his computer before he gets home from work. The mess IS too big and too deep and too tall! But I have to clean up the mess before I fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment