Thursday, September 9, 2010

365 Days, Day 94

I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee (Flash Rosenberg)


Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another coffee (Author Unknown)


In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running (Jeff Bezos)


I love my morning cup of coffee, but I wait until mid-morning before I indulge. I have another indulgence in the afternoon. Today I got up really early to carry on throwing out parts of my life (cleaning out the studio – there are boxes and boxes of files of preparation that are being discarded). By 9 a.m. I was ready for a coffee.


There have been many moments of visiting over coffee with family and friends over the years. My favourite coffee haunt in South Africa is Woolworths Café – their honeynut latte is my ‘usual’. When we went into the Woolworths café in Ouklip Road soon after we arrived back in South Africa, the waiter called Z, came up and said how nice it was to see us back again and did I want my ‘usual’ – honeynut latte, decaf, short! I was impressed considering it was January that I last went there.



No comments:

Post a Comment