Thursday, September 30, 2010

365 Days, Day 114

There is something in every one of you that waits and listens for the sound of the genuine in yourself. It is the only true guide you will ever have. And if you cannot hear it, you will all of your life spend your days on the ends of strings that somebody else pulls (Howard Thurman)

One of the greatest sounds of them all - and to me it is a sound - is utter, complete silence (Andre Kostelanetz)

I awoke to the sounds of birds and later pigeons (smidgeons I call them – they are so much smaller than the British pigeons: I fondly refer to these as turkeys) cooing. I have been sleeping with the window open so I could hear the fountain outside the bedroom. I lay awake thinking back on the past 6 weeks.

Thank you to each of you who spent time with me. The time was short together but meaningful. Thank you for the stolen moments and little delicious adventures. I have learned that I need to be stronger, more spiritual, a mother rather than a friend, a keeper of secrets, a lover. I need to express my anger rather than keep it inside. I need to be more humble.

Goodbye my beloved family and friends. Till next time.

I take with me the sounds of Africa, your laughter and kind words. I take with me your love. And that makes me stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment