Friday, October 1, 2010

365 Days, Day 116

May you always have work for your hands to do.

May your pockets hold always a coin or two.

May the sun shine bright on your windowpane.

May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain.

May the hand of a friend always be near you.

And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.”

(Irish Blessing)

God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way (Author unknown)

After leaving home yesterday at 14h30, I arrived back in the UK at 9h30 today. A long journey but not too bad, everything went smoothly.

Thank you to my all my children, Ariel, Kyle and Sarah, Roarke and Gina for the lovely last minute "goodbye" coffee at Hyde Park and for all traipsing me to Sandton to the Gautrain!

I could see from the window of the plane that it was wet, wet, wet here! I had really wanted to see an African thunderstorm before I left, but it remained parched and dry.

Have just cocooned since I got in. I think a readjustment time is called for. My heart is still sad for my family and friends who I have once again left behind. There is a feeling of unfinished business because there are so many wonderful people who I did not get to see while I was in SA… Next time I visit will hopefully be less stressful. Come to think of it, next time I visit, I won’t have a home to stay in…

But I have Tom and little Lily here who need my love and attention, so I will give them my focus, and bring some sunshine to their lives.

[The photo is a view from my bedroom window this afternoon, note the raindrops!]

No comments:

Post a Comment