Saturday, October 23, 2010

365 Days, Day 138

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another (Lucretius)

A woman has two smiles that an angel might envy, the smile that accepts a lover before words are uttered, and the smile that lights on the first born babe, and assures it of a mother's love (Thomas C. Haliburton)

When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts (Author unknown)

I saw these little African angels in an art shop in Brighton a while ago and fell in love with them. Today there was only one left, so I captured it for eternity before it too was gone.

Had a lovely day out in Brighton with Tom; we went down by train and spent the morning wondering around the lanes and alleyways, revisiting favourite little shops. I went into my favourite shoe shop: Irregular Choice. Such beautiful artwork-shoes! I melted onto the shop floor and my arms and legs fell off: the shoes were so exquisite. Tom waited outside, not having a notion of the emotions in the shop.

I have been looking for fabric to make a new handbag and had an idea of what I wanted. I went into yet another fabric shop with little hope of finding anything. I came out with something I had not even thought of, something very different and rather masculine. I just knew I had to have it when I saw it. I shall make it more feminine with accessories. The shop assistant told me it was Gaultier fabric, and that they don’t often get anything like it in. Now I need some interesting lining…

The angels visited with us on our outing to Brighton: as we left, the heavens opened and the rain came pouring down. From the train window, I saw a magnificent rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment