Wednesday, October 13, 2010

365 Days, Day 128


All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together (Jack Kerouac)

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on (Franklin D. Roosevelt)

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world (Lois Wyse)

I have been having bizarre dreams lately; hopefully not everyone has these kinds of dreams! Last night I dreamt I was putting out the rubbish and saw a cheque lying next to the bin. When I went to pick it up it was partially torn – the name of the recipient had been torn away. Whilst I was bent over I heard someone speaking Afrikaans and thought: oh, we have Afrikaans neighbours in the UK, I must say hello. I looked up and there was a bright blue-haired lady staring at me…

Our ties to some people, places or experiences have a long-lasting place in our Quilt of Life. Starting at birth we are physically joined by a cord to the womb of our mothers: our first tie is a strong one. Mothers’ unconditional love is a primal one; a collective memory from our ancestors. Along the way we have minor ties that are not always strong or even long-lasting. Even short-lived they leave a stitch on the Quilt of Life.

The long-lasting ties are the ones that from knots and help you to hang on. Thank you to all of you who have tied knots with me: my lifesavers.

And much love to the friends who are my connection to life: who represent my tie with my history or to the future and who are part of the insanity that is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment