Sunday, October 3, 2010

365 Days, Day 118


A mountain is composed of tiny grains of earth. The ocean is made up of tiny drops of water. Even so, life is but an endless series of little details, actions, speeches, and thoughts. And the consequences whether good or bad of even the least of them are far-reaching (Swami Sivananda)

Sometimes I see myself as a child in a rain storm, running around trying to catch all the drops in his mouth. I long for your adventures to be like the raindrops the child saves and not those which crash to the ground (Author unknown)

Adventures. I love adventures*. The Encarta Dictionary gives the following definitions for “adventure”:

Exciting experience an exciting or extraordinary event or series of events

Bold undertaking an undertaking involving uncertainty and risk; the participation or willingness to participate in things that involve uncertainty and risk

I am ready for adventure; “I laugh in the face of danger. HA HA HA HA HA!” (The Lion King - 1994).

Let the adventure begin. The Universe is calling.

Actually, to be honest, I need to cocoon for a few more days and will then put out my tentative feelers. Am going to not be “available” to teach for a few days so I can get my feet firmly on the [wet] ground before I venture into the big world. I have looked for Nia dancing classes and have found some interesting avenues out there.

Back home in my warm little house, I have been giving Lily attention and love and she has been responding well – we start puppy-training classes tomorrow evening… I even took her for a walk in the pouring rain [big drops of water] today: put on hooded raincoat and wellies and strode off. She enjoyed it.

Each tiny drop, each little detail in our life is important to the bigger picture. Our pictures are still unfolding.

*Did enjoy the interlude-adventures in South Africa :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love adventures, once you overcome the fear, it's is a fantastic way to grow. I find to live in the moment helps to avoid the what if's I fear in the future. just one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete