Tuesday, October 26, 2010

365 Days, Day 141

For light I go directly to the Source of light, not to any of the reflections (Peace Pilgrim)

She lacks confidence, she craves admiration insatiably. She lives on the reflections of herself in the eyes of others. She does not care to be herself (Anais Nin)

Imaginary evils soon become real ones by indulging our reflections on them (John Ruskin)

Serve others for they are reflections of the same Entity of which you are yourself another reflection. No one of you has any authenticity, except in reference to the Original. Feel always kinship with all creation (Sri Sathya Sai Baba)

Reflections. Sitting here in the dark with the rain beating down relentlessly, I am aware of my mortality, my transience.

When we interact with others, often subtly, the way they react to us or even approach us affects our reaction to them. We reflect their tone. What I find fascinating is when I smile at a stranger, the different reactions I get. Most often a smile forms on the face of the person smiled at; sometimes a quizzical look crosses their face...

My reflection in the mirror lets me know that I am no longer a spring chicken, but a mature woman who has lived a good life. My warm eyes reflect the good heart inside. The wisdom of my soul is reflected in my eyes, I think. A reflection may confuse, and not reflect what you would expect. I may have made mistakes along the way, but I have never intended any harm.

So I reflect on my journey in this life and think I have left an impression of myself that some people have taken away with them… What I see of myself from the inside may not be what is reflected or perceived on the outside.

I wonder how you see me?

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, how sad: no-one has said anything about how they see me... Maybe I am invisible and they don't see me at all...

    ReplyDelete