Saturday, October 9, 2010

365 Days, Day 124

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it (Michael Jordan)

You know from past experiences that whenever you have been driven to the wall, or thought you were, you have extricated yourself in a way which you never would have dreamed possible had you not been put to the test. The trouble is that in your everyday life you don't go deep enough to tap the divine mind within you (Orson Welles)

May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you and all your heart might desire (Irish Blessing)

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door (Coco Chanel)

I guess we all build walls around ourselves in our journey of Life. I know I have a few layers. Sometimes you meet someone along the way, for whom you let some of your walls down. I have never forgotten what P said to me at Findhorn: how I let her into my light but not far enough that she lost herself. I like that. I do think we need some form of ‘barrier’ to protect our inner selves.

Today we went to Craft Fair in a little town called Ditchling. I found the art pretty but ‘safe’. There was nothing that gave me the “wow” feeling. If walls keep us too safe we will not grow. we need to creep out from behind our walls once in a while and do something that scares us, that bares our souls, that makes another/others sit up and go “helloooo!?” Haha just thinking: As long as it is only your soul you bare and not your body! Although dancing round a fire naked has always held a primeval attraction to me… (hahahaha)

Alright, I shall go back behind my wall and behave myself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment