Friday, October 8, 2010

365 Days, Day 123


One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching (Author unknown)

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away (Author unknown)

Life is full of teeny breath-taking moments: like when a latte is put down in front of me at Woolworths Café and in the froth is a spider web of honey slowly melting into the warmth. I delight in this little instant. There are probably so many little moments that, in our blasé take on the world, are passing us by.

So here is a little challenge for you: look for the teeny breath-taking “wow” moments in your day. And write them down and post them on my blog.

My teeny breath-taking “wow” moments today:

  • Tom was next to me in bed when I woke up
  • Lily was overjoyed to see me
  • The sun shone onto my bed while I was making it
  • My morning coffee (special coffee sachet from SA) + Happy Hippo
  • My bowl of tomato soup + stinky camembert cheese
  • Lily in the garden digging whilst I was gardening
  • Talking to Ariel on MSN chat
  • Talking to Roarke on Google chat
  • Having a long chat to Chris on the phone
  • Sitting quietly with Tom in the conservatory, drinking coffee

All these little moments make my day. Even on an ordinary stay-at-home day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment