Thursday, October 7, 2010

365 Days, Day 122


A few feathers short of a whole duck (Author unknown)

On our walk in the forest today, Lily and I saw loads of feathers. Not from one bird but here and there along our journey. They were soft, white downy feathers. After sniffing the first few Lily lost interest. But I began to ponder why I was seeing feathers. I did a tiny bit of research. To Native Americans, feathers were worn by the chiefs to symbolise their communication with Spirit, and to represent their celestial wisdom. Feathers also represented the power of air and wind.

Celtic druids wore a feathered cloak to invoke the presence of the sky gods to allow the Druid to transcend the earthly plane and enter the ethereal realm.

In dreams feathers mean travel or the ability to move more freely in life. White feathers in dreams indicate innocence or a fresh start in a spiritual sense.

Interesting. I like this.

Ariel and I bought prayer sticks which had feathers attached to a stick bound with colours string. I gave mine away to a special person. I think it time to research prayer sticks and make myself another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment