Monday, October 4, 2010

365 Days, Day 119

Come Fairies; take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame! (William Butler Yeats)

Angels are the guardians of hope and wonder, the keepers of magic and dreams. Wherever there is love, an angel is flying by. Your guardian angel knows you inside and out, and loves you just the way you are. Angels keep it simple and always travel light. Remember to leave space in your relationships so the angels have room to play. Your guardian angel helps you find a place when you feel there is no place to go. Whenever you feel lonely, a special angel drops in for tea. Angels are with you every step of the way and help you soar with amazing grace. After all, we are angels in training; all we have to do is spread our wings and fly! (Author Unknown)

Lily did not appreciate being a fairy. She squirmed and wiggled and tried to eat her wings.

I had breakfast with an interesting man recently. Among the stories that he related to me about his recent journey of life, was that his guardian angel was made known to him: it was his late grandfather. Whether you believe in angels or not, perhaps it would be an interesting exercise to look for your guardian ‘angel’ and to sense the awareness that we are not alone in life. It may be collective memory or just coincidence or divine intervention that things ‘happen’ in our lives. We cross paths with certain people at certain times. Sometimes we (unwittingly) need to be ‘angels’ for them and other times they are our ‘angels’.

I came across this website in my ‘research’ about guardian angels: http://www.comeupsmiling.com/main/angels.html

It reminded me of when I went to Sylvia with my friend, Graham, to look into our past lives. We had to see our guardian angel for the journey. I couldn’t see any faces, only this intense eye staring at me. It was the eye of my Nan. I would like to think that she is my guardian angel…

So I am keeping space in my relationships so the angels have room to play. I am going to looking out for the angels.

Somehow I don’t think Lily is an angel… yet. She is still quite hard work and needs me to be her guiding angel.

2 comments:

  1. I had some good advice when mountain biking last week:
    "Never cycle faster than your guardian angel can fly"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your an angel DD - certainly special and not like the rest of us, I am blessed and honoured to have you in my life xx

    ReplyDelete